07 March 2009
This is one of those famed elitist lists we all love so much. I did it for one of those facebook chain tagging things. Enjoy!
Write down the first 15 albums you can think of that had such a profound effect on you they changed your life or the way you looked at it. They sucked you in and took you over for days, weeks, months, years. These are the albums that you can use to identify time, places, people, emotions. These are the albums that no matter what they were thought of musically shaped your world. When you finish, tag 15 others, including me.
*No order with a sampling of favorite lyrics. All amazing. I cheated with The Beatles. I couldn't help it, all three of those albums changed my life at around the same time.*
Neil Young - After the Gold Rush
- "Sailing hardships through broken harbors out on the waves in the night..."
Badly Drawn Boy - The Hour of Bewilderbeast
- "Skip like a stone on the water..."
The Beatles - Rubber Soul, Revolver, and Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
- "I was alone, I took a ride, I didn't know what I would find there..."
The Katies - The Katies
- "On the window in the morning it was cool breeze and Christmas..."
Beck - Sea Change
- "Put your hands on the wheel, let the golden age begin..."
Cake - Comfort Eagle
- "I wanna girl who shines like a diamond, I want a girl who knows what's best..."
Bob Dylan - Blood on the Tracks
- "Said I shot a man named Gray and took his wife to Italy..."
Coldplay - Parachutes
- "I wanna live in a wooden house, where making more friends would be easy..."
The Cure - Disintegration
- "However far away, I will always love you..."
U2 - War
- "I can't believe the news today, I can't close my eyes and make it go away..."
Gillian Welch - Live in Hickory, NC 1997
- "Gonna put myself on a leavin' train and I won't come back again..."
My Morning Jacket - It Still Moves
- "You, you always told me that bars are dark and lonely and talk is often cheap and filled with air..."
Steely Dan - Aja
- "Well it's over now, drink you big black cow and get outta here..."
R.E.M. - Automatic for the People
- "Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah..."
Pearl Jam - Vs.
- "I change by not changing at all, small town predicts my fate..."
- KP 2/23/09
Labels: Best of...