What follows is my post as part of the second iteration of Mettel Ray's brilliant Movie Alphabet. I didn't participate in the original (before my time), but I am jumping at the chance this time around.
So, without further ado, here are few of my favorite things, movie-wise, 27 to be exact. I took a stream of consciousness approach. The first actor, actress, director, or movie that popped into the old noggin'.
Here is My Movie Alphabet:
a mind-bending ode to storytelling by screenwriter Charlie Kaufman and director Spike Jonze
an epic story of love and set in the Blue Ridge Mountains of North Carolina
because this is the most sharply written political satire ever (and it's also a teen comedy)
you didn't think the Coen Brothers would only turn up once, did you?
Umbrellas of Cherbourg
because of all that beautiful color and music and Catherine Deneuve (Good God!!!)
for that Saturday morning when I drank my first ever cup of coffee, very young, this was on
nothing better starts with a Z
How This All Worked
in case you want to participate, even though I'm under the wire myself right now
1. List your favourite actors, actresses, movies or directors from # to z
2. I allow a little wiggle room: you may list two under one letter* because it is vol 2 after all!
*in that case, the choices have to be from different categories – actor/director, actress/movie, etc.*
3. If you participated last time, don’t look at your first movie alphabet before vol 2 is ready
4. Comparisons in between your new alphabet and the previous one are highly encouraged
5. Post your Movie Alphabet Vol 2 by the 31st of May, link back to this post and let me know here in the comments or over at twitter @MettelRay (and use the hashtag mettelrayse7en)
6. Use one of the banners below in your post or create your own!
7. Most importantly, have a ton of fun!